Table of Contents
Truck Driver Job Description
This free Truck driver job description template elaborates the key Responsibilities and Duties of a Truck Driver. It will help you to hire an exceptional and hard-working truck driver for your company. Save your time and attract qualified personnel by using this ready-to-post JD. on job boards.
Generally, Truck Drivers are responsible for driving the company’s commercial vehicles to transport goods and materials from manufacturers to distributors and retail stores. Other duties include general inspection and maintenance to carry out the safe operation.
Truck Driver Job Description Template
We are looking for Truck drivers who are responsible for the transportation of goods, usually over long distances. They may also be responsible for loading, unloading, and providing excellent customer service. They work primarily in a truck and must be licensed to operate a commercial vehicle.
- Drive truck between designated locations and unload goods.
- Load and unload the truck.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering questions, helping customers find products, etc.
- Ensure that the truck is in good condition, with no damages or leaks on the exterior or interior
- Maintains a logbook to record hours of service, miles traveled, fuel usage, and other relevant information.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Must be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Must be able to work extended hours in the event of an emergency situation.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds on a regular basis and up to 250 pounds occasionally
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Age: 18 years old and over
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- License: A Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL), or Class B, or Class C.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record – must be able to pass drug screening test before the hire date.
- Must have 2 years of experience in the last 5 years.
What does a Truck Driver do?
The truck driver is one of the most important people in the supply chain. They are responsible for transporting goods from one place to another. In order to be a successful truck driver, you need to have a clean driving record and be knowledgeable about freight laws and regulations.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Truck Driver?
Truck drivers are responsible for transporting goods from one place to another. They need to be aware of their surroundings and other vehicles on the road. A truck driver is required to obey all traffic laws, including speed limits, traffic signals, and stop signs. They also need to know how much weight they can carry without risking damage to the vehicle or injury to themselves.